Microcosm Free Download
Genre: Indie, Simulation, Early Access
Release Date: 17 Apr, 2017
Release Name: Microcosm VR
Game Version: First Release
Game Releaser: DEVO
Size: 27 MB
About This Game
Build tiny voxel worlds in virtual reality!
Microcosm is the game I’ve wanted to play in VR ever since I saw the Oculus Rift Kickstarter way back in 2012. I picked up a Vive last year, but no one seemed to be making the voxel game I wanted. Finally, I said enough was enough, and just decided to build it myself.
I hope you enjoy playing Microcosm as much as I enjoy making it. If you had any issues, or if there’s something you think I could improve, I’d love it if you let me know. Please feel free to get in touch with me at any time. If you’ve found a bug, screenshots and system information are very much appreciated, to help me reproduce and fix it.
- Microcosm worlds are made of 512×256×512 voxels. Each one is 0.018 meters (~0.7 inches) cubed. That’s over 9 meters across and 4.5 meters tall of real-world space (~30 feet by ~15 feet). You can build some pretty huge stuff. 🚀
- Create your own world of solid, transparent, and glowing voxels. 🖼
- Switch the desktop camera mode! Use the default eye-cam, or place a fixed camera in the world. Great for time-lapses, video recording, and hiding your work. 📹
- Save your creations as .cosm files, and share them with other people! 🌏
- Intuitive voxel selection and editing. Easily place, delete, and paint existing voxels. 🎨
- More fun and interesting things coming soon! 🎉
- Pause, speed up, and slow down the day/night cycle.
- A lovely, custom soundtrack composed by Mr. Kevin Jachetta!
- More ways to share your Microcosm worlds!
- (maybe infinite terrain, too)
Microcosm currently requires an HTC Vive to play. If there’s enough interest, I’d love to add Oculus Rift + Touch support. Please let me know if that’s something you’d like to see!
- Windows 7 or newer
- Intel Core i5-4590 or AMD FX 8350
- 4 GB RAM
- NVIDIA GTX 970 or AMD Radeon R9 290
- Version 11
- 1 GB available space
- Windows 10
- Intel Core i5-6600K
- 8 GB RAM
- NVIDIA GTX 1070
1. Extract Release
2. Launch The Game