Since “The Enchanted” 1.4 update was released I have been hard at work fixing issues and incorporating feedback. Thanks to this feedback there are some huge changes coming into Crea!
Enchantments were introduced in 1.4 and players quickly took to hoarding them. Players needed something to do with this plethora of enchantments on hand. Now you can enchant enchantments!
When enchanting an enchantment you can replace individual attributes on an enchantment with a random attribute from another enchantment. This isn’t free though. It consumes the latter enchantment and costs some of your hard earned Auri.
The monster levels in the world regions have been static but we’re experimenting with changing that. A new world option “monster levels” can now be set to “progression”. This lowers the levels on the surface of the world some and when you defeat a boss the lower level regions increase.
This change helps keep the world relevant and more engaging as you progress. It also allows us to make that change with lowering the initial levels. I am leaving the “static” option as the default for now and am looking to hear your feedback. If it is good then I hope to make “progression” be the new default. Note that existing worlds are unaffected as they are already “static”.
Bonus! You can now increase a region’s level by releasing contained chaos in it. Take care!
Customizing your character before starting off on your huge adventure together is undeniably important. The more options the better! Now you can customize your characters face and there are new shirt and pants options. This is just the first pass on expanding character customizations so definitely let us know what you’d like to see!
Building in Crea has always been done by the player’s own volition. That is about to change! This week I will be working on adding in some incentives to build a base. The first and simpler one is that monsters will be a bit more aggressive in general and even more so at night.
The second and honestly more exciting change is that NPC will begin to request having their own rooms. Give them their own space and then they’ll start asking for some stuff to fill it. As you fullfill the NPC requests you’ll start getting bonuses from them. Such as the merchant may request a Auri Register and once fullfilled prices may be cheaper or new items made available. We are just beginning to work on this so if you have any suggestions then definitely make them known either below in the comments, on the discord server or on my devstreams.
Changes Since 1.4
- Enchanting enchantments is now possible
- New head and clothing character customizations
- World levels progression introduced
- Improved water monster movement logic
- Map markers now face the direction the item is facing
- Prevent the player from changing gear while active doing something
- Added “Auto Toolbar” option to automatically switch the active toolbar when changing mode and weapon loadouts
- Greatly reduced “Hulk” health
- Made Slam and Sky Sword skills not usable in water
- Better interactions with Lorumite Column
- Level 3 remna now drop from level 40+ monsters (was 50+)
- Warden armor is now based off of max stamina
- Support spells such as healing now target allies even if your cursor is not exactly on top of them
- More clay and soot in worlds now
- Added Sano Idol with healing bonuses
- Show which Aer the player is channeling as a status effect
- Made enchanting a bit cheaper
- Resolved issue with being able to use another weapon while a bow is drawn
- Resolved many multiplayer issues caused by having more than two clients connected
- Resolved issue where craft UI would get into a weird state if interacting with a crafting station while the craft UI is open
- Resolved issue with enchantments not being synced to client properly
- Resolved several issues with enchanter NPC in multiplayer
- Resolved issue with water and lava not rendering on the client properly
- Resolved issue with monsters teleporting to the end of a grappler
- Resolved issue with Firestorm, Sandstorm and Snowstorm not working properly
- Resolved issue with an expanded inventory getting into a bad state when interacting with an item notification
- Resolved issue with bosses being invisible on multiplayer
- Resolved issue with other players being invisible in multiplayer
- Resolved issue with renaming chests and Way Crystals in multiplayer
- Resolved issue with water not rendering properly in multiplayer
- Resolved issue with shield facing the wrong way in multiplayer while on backhand
- Resolved crash in multiplayer when joining a game where a character has a storm effect active
- Resolved crash in multiplayer while trying to show monster info
- Resolved issue with popup notifications not showing in multiplayer
- Resolved issue causing chaos craft tutorial to show up repeatedly in multiplayer
- Resolved issue with Weapons and Tools power not saving properly
- Resolved issue with lower level Beam spell not chaining
- Resolved issue with combo keyboard bindings not saving properly
- Resolved performance issue with foliage system gradually causing extreme lag
- Fixed pagoda shingles from slowly moving from original position
- Resolved issue with Impeen Wand not charging correctly
- Resolved a few issues with Silvan Anomaly
- Resolved issue with bad loot dropping from apex monster causing a constant fountain of items to pour out of its remains
- Resolved issue that allowed bosses to be fought repeatedly without leaving the realm
- Fix issue with purify anomaly spawning monsters
- No longer able to grab bosses and paragons with a grappler
- Focus now works with elemental weapons
- Do not show “Flip Item” help text for already placed items
- Focus controller input only when the Start button is pressed
- Fixed ResistStatusEffectAttribute on tooltips
- Fixed Corium Shield icon
- Fixed Precision Striker graphics