Major: Ashbourne (version 1.1.045) for 1st June 2017
If you are interested in the steps taken to optimise Ashbourne in this patch, visit here.
- Modified Alderth Castle keep layout to better direct players during the opening quest.
- Removed south gate ramp, replaced with a climbable ladder.
- Modified fog values for different weather patterns.
- Modified overall landscape in multiple areas.
- Removed and replaced all invalid foliage.
- Adjusted positioning of some bandit camps.
- Removed foliage instances opposite Alderth Castle.
- Added exterior walls, towers and entrance gate to Alderth Castle.
- Moved Alderth Castle fast travel point to the exterior gate.
- Improved shadowing performance throughout the world.
- Improved navigation.
- Lighting sources now trigger between the hours of 9:30am and 5:00pm.
- ’Uncovering Shadows’: Slightly adjusted objectives.
- ’Uncovering Shadows’: Added new dialogue and adjusted scripting.
- ’In Honour of Alderth’: Adjusted AI count and target rules.
- ’In Honour of Alderth’: Adjusted positioning of enemy archers.
- ’In Honour of Alderth’: Changed positioning of enemy dialogue to match new Alderth exterior.
- Changed the method of setting UI input mode in the main menu.
- Overhauled all menu UIs. (Main menu, options menus and pause menus)
- Replaced dropdown menus with new, more readable version.
- Added an fps counter which can be toggled through with ‘Show FPS’ in the options menu.
- Added foliage density option in options menu.
- New camera mode UI.
- Added exit UI element to camera mode.
- Added blood splatter for damage taken.
- World objective UI text positioning adjusted.
- Adjusted quest log completion tracking.
- Improved consistency between interfaces with drop down menus/sliders.
- Improved consistency of font, colour and font size between interfaces.
- Adjusted promotion UI element.
- Adjusted quest complete UI element.
- Added XP to next level in PlayerState UI element.
- Cursor should no longer be locked to the game when out of focus.
- Adjusted received UI element.
- Adjusted completed activity UI element.
- Fixed font inconsistencies in parchment UIs.
- Adjusted world time UI element.
- Enemies now drop a loot bag upon death.
- Horse stamina has quicker regen time.
- Added ladder climbing animations.
- World NPC clothing should now be more unique between each instance.
- Removed unused values from item types.
- Adjusted Arrow projectile to be more accurate and slightly easier to successfully hit.
- Jewellery moved to Miscellaneous item type.
- Made intro movies skippable.
- Fire sources now check if the player is controlling Alexander before damaging the actor.
- Values are now saved.
- Added saturation modifier.
- Players are now able to modify camera processing effects on the fly.
- Fixed discovery/saving issues with fast travel posts.
- Removed fast travel posts from saved classes.
- Added variables for death puppet class to tie in with loot dropping of corpses.
- Any UI scaling issues should now be fixed with the roll out of the new menu UIs.
- Improved lighting inconsistencies throughout the world.
- Adjusted world post processing effects.
- Adjusted grass type and non-conifer foliage to use foliage density values.
- Fixed LODs on non-conifer foliage.
- AI are now only updated if recently rendered, which should marginally improve frame times, especially in busier locations.
- Updated to latest engine version.
- Removed all actors from network replication list.
- Updated AI avoidance values.
- Fixed a rare bug with global fade in/out.
- Fixed a bug which caused AI to transition into an incorrect animation state when in panic mode.
- Screen resolution percentage should now default to 100% instead of 66%.
- Adjusted positioning of interior props in the farms.
- Blood hit UI now consistently shows regardless of state.
- Improved loading screen consistency.
- Replaced depreciated functions which came with engine upgrades.
- Toned down arrow damage slightly.
- Blood splatter should now be more consistent.
- Blood splatter effects toned down.
- Fixed incorrect resale values on a couple of items.
- Damage taken SFX will now play consistently regardless of state.
- All background images should now scale correctly with aspect ratios wider than 16:9.
- Ladder climbing is now slightly improved, there’s still some work to do to smoothen it out.
- Fixed armour disappearing from Alexander’s body in certain cutscenes.
- Addressed bandit camp AI issues.
- Fixed quest log logging issues.
- Merchant UI content sizing issues addressed.
- Addressed an issue where AI kill volume would be ignored if the player had low fps.
- Fixed several instances of potential UI element creation looping.
- Foliage should now properly take advantage of per instance fading.
- Foliage now supports dithered LODs.
- Adjusted culling settings.
- Improved culling on small foliage, specifically in the farm areas.
- Fixed misaligned border in world map UI.
- Fixed alignment of death screen.
- Fixed incorrect/broken LOD2 on multiple props.
- Addressed a potential issue which could have caused certain mission events to trigger incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue with the action error UI which would allow said UI elements to be overlapped.
This is the first of a few large QoL updates we have lined up for Ashbourne, this update focuses a lot on UI which seemed to be a recurring issue in the feedback given to us. We completely overhauled a lot of the menus and UI elements within Ashbourne and we’re hoping that it has ironed out a lot of the scaling issues that players were having.
There’s still work to be done, and we’re excited to continue working on quality of life updates for Ashbourne to ensure that it’s a game we’re very proud of, and a game that players enjoy playing through.